Gastric Sleeve Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
Gastric sleeve Nuevo Laredo, Mexico is the leading bariatric surgery procedure for patients suffering from obesity who want to get rid of excess body weight. Also known as VSG or vertical sleeve gastrectomy, this weight loss surgery will remove about 80 percent of your stomach, thus restricting your capacity to eat and the amount the food your stomach can store.
Your bariatric surgeon may perform gastric sleeve Nuevo Laredo, Mexico laparoscopically, which is a less invasive technique to remove a significant portion of the stomach, while leaving a much smaller banana-shaped tubular stomach. During your initial consultation, your surgeon will determine your candidacy and explain to you the pros and cons to help you make an informed decision.
Contact Jet Medical Tourism® today!
How does sleeve gastrectomy work?
Sleeve gastrectomy does not involve the implantation of any foreign body, and does not even require any delicate reconfiguration of your intestines. Success rate of gastric sleeve Nuevo Laredo, Mexico is very high, and you can expect a reasonably rapid post-surgical recovery. You should know before your procedure that gastric sleeve is a permanent surgery, which means it cannot be reversed at a later stage
- The principle behind surgical stomach reduction through VSG in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico is to help you curb your appetite and limit the amount of food you can consume at one time. It will also reduce your frequency of meals and your urge to eat food or snacks will be under control. As a result, you will be able to naturally reduce weight by eating less, and will be able to focus on improving your lifestyle and maintaining regular physical fitness.
- Gastric sleeve Nuevo Laredo, Mexico also works for your weight loss by triggering favorable hormonal changes. It will naturally reduce the production of hunger hormone ghrelin in your body. This will support your weight loss efforts and will also contribute to the improvement in your associated medications conditions, such as hypertension, diabetes, or cardiovascular disease.
Benefits of gastric sleeve Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
With gastric sleeve Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, you can achieve transformative benefits for a lifetime, including:
- Excess weight loss of up to 70 percent in the first 12 months
- Achieving your ideal body weight within two years along with a balanced diet and active lifestyle
- Reduced hunger pangs and ability to control the urge to eat
- Freedom from the ill effects of greasy, sugary, processed, and fast foods as it gets easier to follow a healthy diet
- Reduction in symptoms of obesity-related diseases such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, obstructive sleep apnea, hyperlipidemia, and fatty liver disease
- Participate in any physical activities, exercises, and outdoor sports
- Wear the clothes of your choice without feeling embarrassed
- Boost to your self-confidence, which can improve your performance in personal as well as professional life
Related: Benefits of gastric sleeve surgery
Clinical advantages of gastric sleeve Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
Your weight loss surgeon will explain to you the advantages of gastric sleeve Nuevo Laredo, Mexico from a clinical perspective. Some of the key advantages of this surgery over other bariatric procedures include:
- Gastric sleeve surgery in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico will be a restrictive procedure. This means it restricts the amount of food you can consume at any given time, but it will neither bypass your intestines, nor reduce the ability of your body to absorb nutrients. As a result, your risk of nutritional deficiency is very low.
- Gastric sleeve in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico will enhance your stomach motility, which means your stomach will gain the capability to move the food around faster. As the food passes quicker from your stomach and intestine, your digestion will improve and you will have a lesser chance of suffering from acidity, bloating, or indigestion in future.
- VSG surgery in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico will cut down the production of ghrelin hormone, which will reduce your hunger pangs. The reduction of this hormone will also improve your blood sugar metabolism. Therefore, if you are suffering from type 2 diabetes, your dependence on medications will decrease as your symptoms become minimal.
Gastric sleeve in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico – surgical procedure
Your Mexico bariatric surgeon will recommend a customized surgical plan based on your BMI, underlying medical conditions, and your personal goals. In a few cases, gastric sleeve in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico may be performed as an open or traditional surgery. This will involve considerably long abdominal incisions so that the surgeon can view the underlying structures to perform the procedure.
- However, in most cases, gastric sleeve surgery is performed laparoscopically. Your bariatric surgeon in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico will create multiple tiny incisions in the upper portion of your abdomen. Through the incisions they will insert small surgical instruments and a camera (laparoscope) to perform your gastric sleeve.
- The surgeon will be able to see the inner structures on an external video monitor, and will be able to perform the surgery more precisely and in a less invasive manner. They will vertically staple your stomach to create a narrow sleeve, while removing a substantial portion of it.
- The entire procedure can be completed in one to two hours, and you may be able to leave the hospital the same day or the next day for 1 night of hotel recovery.
Weight loss results in the first year
Your weight loss results will depend to an extent on your pre-surgery BMI and general health condition, and much more on your commitment to follow the surgeon’s post-operative diet and exercise guidelines. You may be a candidate for gastric sleeve in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico if your BMI is in excess of 40, or excess of 35 along with associated medical conditions.
On average, you can expect to lose up to 70 percent of your excess body weight within the first 12 months after your gastric sleeve surgery. Most patients come closest to their ideal body weight in about 12 to 24 months following their surgery. Success rate in this procedure is as high as 80 to 90 percent. Here is your estimated weight loss progression after gastric sleeve:
- First 2 weeks: you may lose on average one pound per day
- First 3 months: you may lose 35 to 45 percent of excess weight
- First 6 months: you may lose 50 to 60 percent of excess weight
- First 12 months: you may lose 60 to 70 percent of excess weight
After your gastric sleeve Nuevo Laredo, Mexico surgery, your surgeon and their nutrition team will provide you detailed post-operative care guidelines.
- You should take plenty of rest at your hotel room for about one week after your sleeve gastrectomy. But you can perform short walks and do light activities to improve your blood flow.
- Your surgeon will prescribe pain medications to keep you comfortable in the first week of your recovery. You may be able to return to your home country in the second week, and resume your regular routine or go to work in about two to four weeks after your weight loss surgery in Mexico.
- Make sure you follow the diet plan that your surgeon’s staff has provided you, and follow all the care instructions for a safe and rapid recovery.
Ready for gastric sleeve Nuevo Laredo, Mexico? Call Jet Medical Tourism®
Jet Medical Tourism® is here to help you. Since 2017, we have helped patients from all around the world achieve their weight loss goals successfully. Apply Now or get in touch with us today by calling (855) 506-6188 or the contact form.