Gastric Sleeve Cost in Texas
Gastric sleeve cost in Texas may range between $10,000 and $25,000. The actual cost will depend on your BMI and medical condition, the choice of bariatric surgeon, and the hospital or surgery center where your procedure is performed in the state. You should carefully consider your surgical options, budget, and insurance coverage before making a final decision.
Apart from the basic gastric sleeve cost in Texas, you may also have to pay additionally for pre- and post-surgical medical tests, prescription medications, and post-op appointments with the surgeon. Healthcare costs in Texas are high just like elsewhere in the US, and you should consider the option of weight loss surgery medical tourism for a low cost surgery.
Contact Jet Medical Tourism® today!
Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Texas
Gastric sleeve surgery in Texas, clinically called sleeve gastrectomy, is a bariatric procedure that will reduce your stomach size by about 80 percent to induce weight loss.
How does it work?
Vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) in Texas will work in two ways to reduce your excess weight. The substantial reduction in your stomach size after your surgery will restrict your capacity to eat. You will feel full quickly, and will naturally consume lesser calories. Secondly, the gastric sleeve procedure will cut down your production of hunger hormones, which curb your appetite further.
Are you a candidate?
If you have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above, you may be a candidate for gastric sleeve surgery in Texas because you will be considered in the obese category. Sometimes even with a BMI of 35 or above, your candidacy for VSG may be approved if you are suffering from co-morbid medical conditions that are related to obesity.
Benefits of the surgery
After your gastric sleeve surgery in Texas, you may be able to lose up to 70 percent of your excess weight within the first year itself. As long as you follow your surgeon’s post-op guidelines, you can maintain an excellent level of healthy weight and fitness. Your obesity-related health conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, and sleep apnea may also be resolved.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Cost in Texas
Unfortunately, gastric sleeve surgery cost in Texas or in other parts of the country is among the highest in the world. You may expect to pay anywhere from $10,000 to $25,000 for your sleeve gastrectomy in Texas. On top of it, you may end up spending additional expenditure of $2,000 to $3,000 on post-surgical appointments, pre- and post-operative tests and lab work, disposable medical supplies, and prescription medications.
You should account for the following expense items as part of your gastric sleeve surgery cost in Texas:
- Fee charged by your bariatric surgeon in Texas
- Costs of the anesthesia team
- Charges of the hospital or surgery center
- Overnight stay costs at the hospital, if applicable
- Initial and post-op appointments doctor appointments
- Fee of the nutritionist and physical therapist as applicable
- Pre- and post-surgical x-rays, MRIs, blood work, or other medical tests Cost of prescription drugs, antibiotics, and pain medications
- Surgical garment and other disposable medical supplies
It’s vital to understand that medical insurance rules for the coverage of your vertical sleeve gastrectomy cost in Texas are stringent. Even if you have the coverage, sometimes you may not qualify for this surgery and your insurer may reject your request for coverage.
Even if you qualify, you may have to go through expensive tests and face a waiting period. Insurance deductibles and co-pays may also be high, and some of the pre- and post-surgical expenses may not be covered anyway under your insurance.
Gastric Sleeve Surgeons in Texas
Gastric sleeve surgeons in Texas will often charge a very high fee for their services. Moreover, they are usually so busy that they may not be able to provide you personalized care and attention, even after you are willing to pay a high fee. You should also remember that not all gastric sleeve surgeons in Texas are equally qualified.
Your gastric sleeve cost in Texas may be significantly higher if you want to work with a well-qualified and experienced bariatric surgeon. On the other hand, if you attempt to save costs by choosing a less trained or new surgeon who is working under the supervision of a senior surgeon, your risk of a poor surgical outcome may increase.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Cash Price in Texas vs. Mexico
Compared to Texas, your gastric sleeve surgery cost in Mexico will be far lower, while the quality and safety standards will be at par with some of the best bariatric centers in the US. To understand your gastric sleeve surgery cash price in Texas vs. Mexico, you should consider the average cost data available for the two destinations.
The average cost of gastric sleeve in Texas is about $10,000 to $25,000. On the other hand, the average cost of gastric sleeve in Mexico is about $4,200 to $5,500. So, you can expect that gastric sleeve surgery cash price in Texas vs. Mexico will vastly different. In Mexico, you will only have to pay a small fraction of the cost that you would otherwise pay in Texas, even when you work the best gastric sleeve surgeons in Mexico.
Another advantage is that unlike in Texas, your gastric sleeve surgery cost in Mexico will cover the following cost components:
- Fee of the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and other attending doctors
- Consolidated charges of the hospital or surgical center
- Overnight stay at the hospital, if necessary
- Pre-surgery diagnostic tests and post-surgery medications
- Nutritionist consultation before and after the procedure
- Initial consultation and follow-up appointment with your surgeon
- Ground transport to and from the airport
Is Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico as safe as Texas?
Many patients from Texas want a clear answer to the question: Is gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico as safe as Texas? The answer in short is ‘yes’.
- As long as you have chosen to work with a trusted and reputable weight loss surgery tourism provider such as Jet Medical Tourism®, you can be assured of receiving best-in-class surgical care and treatment in Mexico for your gastric sleeve surgery. Don't take our word for it. Check out these amazing Mexico Gastric Sleeve before and after pictures.
- Mexico has fully-equipped and accredited hospitals and surgery centers with advanced facilities and technology for performing gastric sleeve surgery. The skills and experience of some of the best weight loss surgeons in Mexico are at par (or even better in some cases) than their counterparts in Texas.
- Clearly, your gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico is as safe as Texas, provided you working with a reliable medical tourism company.
Save up to 70% on Gastric Sleeve Surgery by Jet Medical Tourism®
Jet Medical Tourism® is here to help you. Since 2017, we have helped patients from all around the world achieve their weight loss goals successfully. Apply Now or get in touch with us today by calling (855) 506-6188 or the contact form.