BBL And Tummy Tuck: Everything You Should Know
Brazilian butt lift (BBL) and tummy tuck are two popular plastic surgery procedures that are often performed together to create more harmonious results. If your goal is to achieve a firmer and flatter abdomen while accentuating the appearance of your buttocks, you could be a candidate for a BBL and tummy tuck combined procedure. Moms seeking to restore their pre-pregnancy look can also obtain excellent outcomes with a tummy tuck BBL surgery.
What is tummy tuck BBL?
A tummy tuck BBL is a comprehensive body contouring plastic surgery designed to create an appealing and youthful mid-body shape and size. Tummy tuck and BBL together usually produce far more dramatic results than just one of these surgeries performed independently. Here are some of the key benefits of this combined cosmetic surgery.
- Complementary procedures: To create an aesthetically desirable look, you need less fat in your abdomen, and more fat in your buttocks. The shape and size of your front and rear end should complement each, which can be achieved perfectly with an hourglass tummy tuck and BBL surgery.
- Less risk, more impact: A combined tummy tuck BBL procedure means that you will undergo general anesthesia only once and will have only one surgery and recovery process. So, your surgical risk is reduced, while effectiveness improves with a single procedure instead of two separate surgeries.
- Customization benefits: Your plastic surgeon can perform your tummy tuck BBL in a customized manner by planning common incisions and tailoring the procedure to your unique anatomy. You will have more natural looking results and less scarring compared to a situation where both surgeries are performed separately.
BBL and tummy tuck together: Is it safe?
An abdominoplasty and a Brazilian butt lift are both complex plastic surgery procedures requiring two to three hours in the operating room. Your tummy tuck and BBL together will be performed using general anesthesia. The surgery will involve significant incisions to perform multiple procedures, such as liposuction, fat transfer injections, and skin and muscle tightening.
Your safety will depend on a few key factors.
- Patient health: Your surgeon will review your medical history and conduct a physical exam to determine whether it is safe for you to have a BBL and tummy tuck together. If your BMI is moderate, weight is stable, and pre-op tests show you are in good health, you can safely undergo a tummy tuck BBL.
- Surgeon’s skill: Combined plastic surgery procedures require more skill than just a standalone surgery. Make sure you work with a highly trained and experienced surgeon who can perform both the procedures together safely. The surgeon should use advanced technology and follow the latest safety protocols.
- Precautions: For your own safety, be upfront with your surgeon about any underlying medical conditions, allergies and lifestyle habits that could interfere with your surgery. Commit yourself to the pre-op preparation, post-op recovery process, and the safety guidelines that your surgeon recommends.
Related: Liposuction vs. tummy tuck: Which plastic surgery procedure is better?
Hourglass tummy tuck and BBL
A flat abdomen and a curvaceous posterior is the dream of every woman. An ‘hourglass tummy tuck and Brazilian butt lift’ plastic surgery can help you achieve this goal and make you the center of attraction among your friends and family. You can have this surgery at any age as an adult as long as you are in good health and your surgeon approves you as a candidate.
BBL or tummy tuck first
People who seek an hourglass tummy tuck and Brazilian butt lift will usually have a moderate body weight and BMI. In these cases, a Brazilian butt lift is usually performed first by injecting purified, autologous fat cells at precise depths in your buttocks. It will create a proportionate and shapely posterior that complements your thighs, hips, abdomen, love handles, and back.
A flatter, firmer abdomen
A full or partial abdominoplasty usually follows a Brazilian butt lift in an hourglass tummy tuck and BBL procedure. Your surgeon will create incisions in discreet locations to remove excess fat and sagging skin from the abdominal area. If the underlying muscles are loose or separately, they will be tightened to create a lifted, perky, and youthful looking abdomen.
Related: How to prepare for tummy tuck
Plus size tummy tuck and BBL
When you have large amounts of excess fat deposits in the abdomen, while your buttocks are relatively small in proportion, you may benefit from a plus size tummy tuck and BBL. In this case, your surgeon may plan to perform the abdominoplasty first, which will be followed by a Brazilian butt lift. Results with a plus size tummy tuck BBL are outstanding for most patients.
Extended or circumferential tummy tuck
If you have excess fatty tissue not just in the abdomen, but also the love handles (flanks) on either side of the waist, you may require a circumferential or extended tummy tuck. The surgery will help in lifting your complete lower body. The advantage is that surplus fat cells from the abdomen can be removed through liposuction to be used as donor fat for a Brazilian butt lift. This will give you dual aesthetic benefits in a less invasive way.
Brazilian butt lift surgery
In the second stage of your plus size tummy tuck and BBL procedure, your surgeon will perform a Brazilian butt lift. They will use the donor fat from the abdomen to inject it in targeted areas of your buttocks. This will add volume to create a rounder, shapely, and lifted appearance of your rear end. The synergistic effect of a plus size BBL and tummy tuck will create a highly appealing mid-body figure.
Tummy tuck and BBL cost in Mexico vs. USA
The average tummy tuck and BBL cost in Mexico may be less than $6,500, while the same procedure in parts of the US can cost as much as $12,000. However, the individual costs will vary from one patient to another depending on a number of factors. At your initial consultation, you should frankly ask your surgeon how much is a BBL and tummy cost, and make a decision after an independent cost-benefit analysis.
Factors affecting BBL tummy tuck cost
- Destination – In Mexico, you can save up to 70% on your tummy tuck and Brazilian butt lift price compared to the US
- Surgeon’s skill – Highly qualified and experienced surgeons may charge more than a new or less trained surgeon
- Surgical facility – Top-rated hospitals with state of the art facilities may have a higher tummy tuck and BBL cost
- Complexity of procedure – The length and complexity of your Brazilian butt lift and abdominoplasty can impact the costs
Related: How much does a tummy tuck cost in Mexico
Inclusions in your Mexico tummy tuck BBL cost
- Surgeon’s fee, anesthesiologist’s fee, and fee of any other attending physicians or specialists
- Operating room charges, including one night’s stay at the hospital, if necessary
- Cost of pre- and post-surgical medical tests, blood work, and prescription medications
- Pre- and post-op consultations with your plastic surgeon
How to prepare for tummy tuck and BBL
At your pre-operative consultation, your plastic surgeon will provide you guidelines on how to prepare for tummy tuck and BBL. Your preparation ideally begins from the moment you have decided to go ahead with this surgery. Plan ahead of time for your surgery and recovery, and start working on your health and fitness in order to have a resilient body and a strong, positive mind for an excellent outcome.
- Increase your intake of lean proteins and follow a balanced diet
- Join the gym or follow a regular daily fitness regimen
- Stop smoking for a few weeks before and after your tummy tuck BBL
- Avoid the use of blood thinners such as aspirin, NSAIDs, and herbal supplements for at least two weeks before surgery
- If you are working, make sure to apply for sufficient leave in order to have a stress-free recovery at home
- Arrange for a responsible person who can drive you home after your surgery and preferably stay overnight to assist you
- Obtain your pain medications, gauze bandage, antibiotics, ice packs, pillows, and compression garment in advance for your recovery
- Ask questions and clear all doubts with your surgeon on how to prepare for abdominoplasty and BBL
Related: Best tummy tuck surgeons in Mexico
How to sleep after tummy tuck and BBL
In the first few days after your BBL and tummy tuck surgery, you will need to take care while sleeping so that your incision sites remain protected. Moreover, you may have some discomfort during the early healing process, so you need to know how to sleep after BBL and abdominoplasty comfortably. Here are three simple tips to help you in this process.
- Support pillows: The type of pillow you use will make a difference while sleeping during the initial recovery phase. Ask your surgeon about specially designed supportive pillows, which you can place under your thighs as well as under your back.
- Sleep on the side: One of the best tips on how to sleep after tummy tuck and BBL is to sleep on the side. You cannot sleep on your stomach because the abdomen needs to heal after tummy tuck, and you cannot sleep on your back because the fat transfer is performed in the buttocks. So, it is best to sleep on the sides.
- Relaxed ambience: Your home environment and the room ambience will impact how well you can sleep during your initial recovery phase. An uncluttered and soothing bedroom setting will help you feel relaxed, and make it easier to sleep after BBL and abdominoplasty surgery.
Related: BBL recovery time
BBL and tummy tuck pillow
When you discuss with your surgeon about how to sleep after abdominoplasty and BBL, they may suggest you to buy the right type of pillows. A specially designed BBL and tummy tuck pillow will help you get a sound, comfortable sleep during the recovery period. Here are a few tips that you may consider while choosing the best tummy tuck BBL pillow.
- Look for inflatable wedge pillows that will rest between your lower legs to make side sleeping comfortable
- When you want to rest or sleep on your back, use a donut-shaped circular pillow that cradles your buttocks
- A pillow made of high quality memory foam will help lighten the pressure in the lower back and pelvic area
- For sitting at your desk in your workplace, choose a pillow that supports your tailbone and has a non-slip bottom
- Make sure your pillow is made from hypoallergenic materials to protect your healing skin
- Look for the quality certifications, approvals and endorsements that the pillow manufacturer has obtained for their product
Tummy tuck and BBL recovery
Recovery is a vital element in your Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck plastic surgery that will make a difference to the success of your procedure. As long as you follow your surgeon’s recommended do’s and don’ts about tummy tuck and BBL recovery, you can expect safe healing and predictable results.
- Downtime: A combined tummy tuck BBL surgery will usually involve a downtime of about 10 to 14 days. Stay at home during this period to allow for good healing. Perform light activities and take short walks to promote blood flow in the incision sites. Follow your surgeon’s advice on how to sleep after abdominoplasty and BBL in the first two weeks.
- Post-op care: Empty your drainage tubes as directed, wear your compression garment all the time, and take your antibiotics and any other prescription medications on time. Stay well hydrated, refrain from smoking, and choose a diet rich in lean proteins for a robust recovery. Do not drive while you are still taking pain medications.
- Physical activities: You may return to your workplace in the second or third week of your abdominoplasty and BBL recovery. However, continue to avoid any vigorous movements, bending, lifting heavy objects, or strenuous exercises for about four to six weeks. Avoid sun exposure in the incision areas to help minimize scarring effects.
Tummy tuck and BBL before and after
It is important to maintain realistic expectations from your BBL and abdominoplasty results so that you can enjoy the best satisfaction levels after your surgery. Tummy tuck and BBL before and after images will play a key role in this. Responsible plastic surgeons prefer to educate their patients about what a tummy tuck BBL can or cannot do for them, and help them make an enlightened decision.
Participate proactively in your pre-op consultation process and review as many before and after photos as possible. You may also access some images from the Internet or social media, but do not fall for photo-shopped pictures which can be misleading. A qualified surgeon may be your most reliable source to obtain clear and detailed BBL tummy tuck before and after photographs.
Related: BBL after 10 years
Tummy tuck and BBL near me
BBL and tummy tuck plastic surgery is one of the most transformative body contouring procedures available today. Whether you are seeking an hourglass figure, or you simply want to reverse the effects of pregnancy and childbirth on your body, a tummy tuck and BBL near me can help you meet your aesthetic goals. Choose a committed and accomplished plastic surgeon with verifiable expertise in this procedure, and get set for an exquisite and stunning body appearance.
Are you ready to start your cosmetic and plastic surgery transformation?
If you have been considering a BBL in Mexico or another plastic surgery option, Jet Medical Tourism® and their board-certified plastic surgeons in Mexico can help you achieve the look you desire.
We have helped patients from the United States achieve their cosmetic and plastic surgery goals successfully. Apply Now or get in touch with us today by calling (855) 506-6188 or the contact form.