What is an Hourglass Mommy Makeover?
Pregnancy and childbirth are an invaluable experience for any woman. However, multiple pregnancies, breastfeeding, and childbirth may take a toll on your body aesthetics. The physical and hormonal changes may cause a stretched and loose abdomen, sagging or deflated breasts, and unsightly fat bulges in the waist and back. An hourglass mommy makeover is an ideal cosmetic surgery procedure to reverse these changes and restore your pre-pregnancy appearance.
Thinking about an hourglass mommy makeover? Contact Jet Medical Tourism® today.
What is an hourglass mommy makeover surgery?
An hourglass mommy makeover is a comprehensive plastic surgery procedure to help you achieve a sculpted, hourglass shape following a pregnancy and childbirth. It involves a combination of customized hourglass plastic surgery procedures that will enhance your breasts, flatten your abdomen, eliminate unwanted fat pockets, and accentuate your buttocks to create a chiseled, youthful figure.
- Liposuction: During a pregnancy, you may develop stubborn fat deposits in the abdomen, flanks, back, upper arms, hips, or thighs, which can make your body contour look uneven. Liposuction is a highly customizable plastic surgery for hourglass figure, which is a part of most mommy makeovers.
- Breast enhancement: A pregnancy and breastfeeding may cause your breasts to either become too heavy or deflated and sagging. To create proportionate breast appearance, your hourglass mommy makeover may include a breast lift, breast reduction or breast implants surgery.
- Tummy tuck: Following a pregnancy, you may develop a sagging belly because of loose abdominal skin, weak or separated underlying muscles, and stretch marks. That makes a tummy tuck surgery a key element in most hourglass plastic surgeries to restore a flatter and firmer abdomen.
- Brazilian butt lift: Popularly known as a BBL surgery, a Brazilian butt lift is an excellent body contouring procedure to create rounder and perkier buttocks in a less invasive way. Enhanced breasts, flat abdomen, and shapely buttocks will complete your hourglass mommy makeover.
Standard mommy makeover vs. hourglass mommy makeover
Plastic surgery for hourglass figure is different from a traditional mommy makeover in several respects. During your initial consultation, your surgeon will evaluate your anatomical needs and personal aesthetic goals to recommend the appropriate procedure. Here are some of the key distinctions between a standard mommy makeover and an hourglass mommy makeover surgery.
- Surgical goals: In a standard mommy makeover, the primary goal is reverse the negative bodily effects of a pregnancy and restore a pre-pregnancy appearance. In an hourglass mommy makeover surgery, the primary goal is to create a shapely and defined hourglass look. Therefore, the emphasis is more on the breasts, abdomen, and buttocks, and not on other areas.
- Invasiveness: Plastic surgery for hourglass figure is relatively less invasive compared to a full traditional mommy makeover. To create the hourglass look, the surgeon will focus on achieving a lower hip-to-waist ratio. Therefore, a less invasive liposuction and BBL will play a vital role to remove excess fat from the abdomen and breasts and transfer it to the buttocks.
- Artistic skill: A mommy makeover hourglass plastic surgery is more difficult to perform because it requires the surgeon to apply greater artistic skills. Plastic surgeons with an exceptional sense of aesthetics, balance and proportion can create a dramatic yet natural looking hourglass figure. A standard mommy makeover, on the other hand, is more of science and less of art.
Hourglass mommy makeover cost
Mommy makeovers are usually considered elective surgeries, so you cannot expect to receive insurance coverage. It is important to obtain a fair estimate of your hourglass figure surgery cost in order to make an informed decision within your budget. The average hourglass mommy makeover cost in Mexico may be less than $9,000, while in parts of the US, the same procedure can cost as high as $20,000. Here a few notable points:
- A traditional mommy makeover will usually cost more than an hourglass mommy makeover because it is more extensive.
- When you receive an hourglass plastic surgery price quote, check whether it includes anesthesia costs and operating room charges.
- Take into account the pre- and post-op costs, such as consultations, medical tests, prescription drugs, and compression garments.
- The hourglass figure surgery cost in Mexico is much cheaper because the hospitalization charges as well as surgeon’s fee are relatively low.
- Ask your Mexico plastic surgeon for an all-inclusive hourglass mommy makeover cost package and make your own cost comparison.
- If you don’t wish to pay the hourglass plastic surgery cost up front, consider affordable financing options from medical care financiers.
Hourglass mommy makeover before and after
It is important to have a positive mindset and reasonable expectations before you go ahead with your hourglass figure surgery. To help you make a judicious choice, your plastic surgeon may present before you hourglass mommy makeover before and after photos. Make sure to review as many photos as possible during the initial consultation and ask pertinent questions from your surgeon.
Customized plastic surgery for hourglass figure:
- An experienced surgeon will never perform a one-size-fits-all mommy makeover hourglass surgery. They will like to tailor the procedure in accordance with your unique anatomy and your individual aesthetic goals.
- Hourglass mommy makeover ‘before and after’ images can serve as a helpful visual aid in this process. When you see the results of other patients, you will have greater clarity about what you want from the surgery.
A decision based on realistic expectations:
- Although an hourglass plastic surgery is one of the most effective ways to achieve a sculpted and elegant body shape, it has certain limitations. For instance, it is not a weight loss procedure, and it will not improve your face, neck or other areas that are not a part of the custom treatment plan.
- With the help of hourglass mommy makeover before and after pictures, you will know exactly what this surgery can or cannot do for you.
Related: Liposuction vs. tummy tuck
Who all are eligible for hourglass mommy makeover?
The ideal candidate for a mommy makeover hourglass surgery is a woman who is bothered by the appearance of uneven body contours, unsightly fat pockets, and loose skin in the upper and mid-body areas following a pregnancy. More importantly, moms who are aiming to achieve an hourglass shape after one or more pregnancies can benefit the most from this plastic surgery.
Who is a good candidate?
- You are at least 18 years old and your general health condition is good.
- One or more pregnancies have resulted in loss of shape and skin laxity in the mid-body.
- You want to restore a pre-pregnancy figure but with an emphasis on an hourglass look.
- You have had a natural childbirth or a C-section surgery – it does not affect your candidacy.
- You are prepared to follow a healthy and active lifestyle post-surgery to maintain results.
- You are in good emotional health after childbirth, have a positive outlook and realistic expectations.
Who is not a good candidate?
- You have a specific medical condition or autoimmune disorder that could interfere with your surgery.
- You have put on a significant amount of excess weight after pregnancy or your weight is fluctuating.
- You are planning to have another pregnancy in the foreseeable future or plan to undergo a weight loss program.
- You are currently breastfeeding or the gap between childbirth and mommy makeover is too short.
- You are unable or unwilling to quit smoking for a specified minimum period before and after your hourglass plastic surgery.
- You are looking for a full traditional mommy makeover, and not an hourglass mommy makeover.
Related: Plastic surgery in Mexico
Want more info about hourglass plastic surgery? Contact Jet Medical Tourism®
Plastic surgery for hourglass figure is one of the most coveted procedures among moms today. If you wish to flaunt an Amy Jackson hourglass look or become a head-turner in your social and professional life, an hourglass plastic surgery might just right for you.