How to Pay For Bariatric Surgery Without Insurance
Millions of people in the US, Canada, and other countries suffer from obesity but do not have insurance coverage to pay for surgical treatment. In 2018, when the economy was booming and inflation was low, more than 27 million Americans in the age group of 19 to 64 did not have medical insurance.
Nearly half of the uninsured people in the US are not even able to afford routine medical care because of inflation and high gas prices in 2021. Clearly, one of the key questions patients with obesity face is how to pay for bariatric surgery without insurance.
Contact Jet Medical Tourism® today!
Can you get bariatric surgery without insurance?
Yes, in principle, you can get bariatric surgery without insurance if you qualify the medical eligibility criteria. However, you must plan in advance how to pay for weight loss surgery without insurance. Hospitals and doctors may provide emergency care as per law, but they will refuse to offer you procedures such as bariatric surgery unless you are approved for insurance coverage, or you are able to pay for it out of pocket.
Surgery and hospital stays are expensive
According to researchers, uninsured people are likely to have higher morbidity because they have relatively poor access to medical services. Obesity surgery and hospital stay can be extremely expensive. In this situation, how to pay for bariatric surgery without insurance becomes the most critical question for a patient who has been advised this surgery. Charity care is limited and uninsured patients are left with few options.
No provision for universal medical care
Can you get weight loss surgery without insurance? The answer is yes, subject to the condition that you can afford to pay for it out of pocket or are eligible to receive financing. The US government does not offer free medical care to all. When you need healthcare, someone must pay for it. Medical debt is a major cause of bankruptcies in the US. In these circumstances, it is vital to consider how to pay for bariatric surgery without insurance.
Bariatric surgery without insurance
Bariatric surgery is a life saving procedure. Even if you are uninsured or your insurance company does not approve you for coverage, you have a right to protect your health and well-being and undergo weight loss surgery without insurance. Here are some of the key things to keep in mind while you explore your options for how to get weight loss surgery without insurance.
- Account for all the costs: Can you get bariatric surgery without insurance? Yes, you can – as long as you are prepared to pay for all the costs associated with the surgery. Your medical provider will bill you for the surgeon’s fee, specialists’ payments, operating room and hospital stay charges, anesthesia costs, medical tests, and prescription medications.
- Ask for discount on the bills: When you are considering how to pay for bariatric surgery without insurance, be prepared to negotiate the medical bills with the hospital prior to the surgery. Some healthcare providers may offer rebates to uninsured patients for medically necessary procedures. You may also request the hospital to divide your bill into monthly installments.
- Consider medical travel: If you live in an area where the cost of living is high, chances are that healthcare expenses will be higher too. One of the best solutions regarding how to pay for weight loss surgery without insurance is medical tourism. Keep an open mind and explore your options for low cost bariatric surgery at an offshore destination, which can save you from debt.
Related: Self pay bariatric surgery near me
Cost of gastric sleeve surgery without insurance
Gastric sleeve surgery without insurance may cost as much as $20,000 in some parts of the US and Canada. The procedure will be performed using general anesthesia and you may have to stay at the hospital for one to three nights, depending on your condition. Surgeon’s fee, anesthesiologist’s fee, operating room expenses, hospital stay costs, and medical tests and drugs will be included in your cost of gastric sleeve surgery without insurance.
- Consider all your options for how to pay for gastric sleeve cost without insurance and plan ahead.
- Obtain price quotes from multiple sources and compare the services and standards of care they are offering for that price.
- If medical travel is an option, talk to a trusted medical tourism provider for how to pay for bariatric surgery without insurance.
- Explore the option of a secured or unsecured loan from a professional medical care lending company.
- Request your treatment provider to split the cost of gastric sleeve surgery without insurance over a few months.
Gastric bypass surgery cost without insurance
Gastric bypass surgery without insurance may cost up to $25,000 in certain regions within the US or Canada. This procedure is relatively more complicated than a VSG surgery. Therefore, your gastric bypass surgery cost without insurance may be higher in comparison. However, the health benefits of this surgery in terms of weight loss and resolution of co-morbidities will far outweigh the initial cost of gastric bypass.
- When you ask a doctor how much is gastric bypass without insurance, make a note of the inclusions and exclusions in their quoted price.
- Do not settle for the very first offer that you receive for gastric bypass surgery without insurance, and do a thorough cost comparison.
- Start saving money well ahead of time while you are considering how to pay for weight loss surgery without insurance.
- Consider the option of medical tourism, which will reduce your cost of gastric bypass surgery without insurance to a small fraction.
- Take into account your pre-surgery annual costs of healthcare, and estimate how much you can save if gastric bypass lowers these costs.
How much is lap band surgery without insurance
The average cost of lap band surgery without insurance may be as high as $15,000 in certain geographies. This procedure is the least invasive among all mainstream bariatric surgeries, so the costs are relatively lower. Talk frankly about the cost aspects during your initial consultation with a surgeon, and ask them upfront how much is lap band surgery without insurance.
Consider the services that will be covered in that price.
- If your doctor has recommend lap band surgery as a medical necessity, request your surgical facility for a discount.
- Ask for price quotations from different providers to know how much is lap band surgery without insurance in your area?
- Do not hesitate from exploring the option of medical tourism to obtain significant savings on your cost of lap band without insurance.
- Talk to friends and family for personal borrows, consider a bank loan, or seek a medical care loan to pay the cost in small installments.
- When you plan ahead of time regarding how to pay for bariatric surgery without insurance, you can meet your goals within budget.
How to get weight loss surgery without insurance
Uninsured patients suffering from obesity have as much right to reclaim their health through bariatric surgery as an insured individual. Fortunately, medical tourism in Mexico has made this procedure affordable for the uninsured. Your best bet would be to consult with a reputable medical tourism provider about how to get weight loss surgery without insurance.
Here are a few things to know about bariatric surgery in Mexico.
- Save up to 70%: Whether you are looking for gastric bypass surgery without insurance or gastric sleeve surgery without insurance, you can expect to save as much as 70% on your costs in Mexico. Thousands of uninsured and under-insured patients are benefitting every year from affordable weight loss surgery without insurance in Mexico.
- All-inclusive packages: If you are wondering how to get weight loss surgery without insurance, ask a dedicated medical tourism provider to offer you an all-inclusive cost package. This will cover the costs of surgery, anesthesia, hospital stay, pre- and post-op medical tests, and prescription drugs. Travel and accommodation costs may also be added to your bariatric cost package.
- Excellent medical care: How to obtain the best medical care is as important as how to pay for bariatric surgery without insurance. In Mexico, you can choose from some of the top-rated hospitals and bariatric centers for your gastric sleeve or gastric bypass without insurance. Leading bariatric surgeons in Mexico will help you safely achieve your weight loss goals.
Weight loss surgery without insurance at Jet Medical Tourism
Jet Medical Tourism® makes bariatric surgery affordable and accessible to all. The dedicated and compassionate team at Jet Medical Tourism® will provide you the right solutions for how to pay for bariatric surgery without insurance. You don’t have to hurt your household budget and you don’t need to get into a debt spiral. To know more about low cost weight loss surgery without insurance, give us a call today.
Are you ready to start your weight loss journey?
Jet Medical Tourism® is here to help you. Since 2017, we have helped patients from all around the world achieve their weight loss goals successfully. Apply Now or get in touch with us today by calling (855) 506-6188 or the contact form.
DISCLAIMER: Some or all of the hyperlinks embedded in this web page may link back to Mexico-specific surgery procedures. Those links are only meant for general information purposes, and may not have any relevance to the content of the given web page. Readers should exercise discretion and consult a medical professional before making any decisions related to a choice of procedure or a choice of location for treatment.