Mommy Makeover Scars
Mommy makeover is probably the most comprehensive plastic surgery procedure that can transform your upper, mid, and lower body all at once. Clearly, mommy makeover scars are a valid concern in such an extensive procedure involving multiple incisions. As long as you work with a plastic surgeon who understands the art and science behind this surgery, mommy makeover scarring is likely to be minimal. So, get ready to flaunt your attractive, youthful figure without worrying about mommy makeover surgery scars.
Do mommy makeovers leave scars?
Scars are unavoidable with any surgery, and a mommy makeover is no exception. If a surgeon promises you mommy makeover without scars, you should be skeptical about their claim and evaluate your choices carefully. However, scars from mommy makeover do not have to be conspicuously visible or prominent. A skilled plastic surgeon can minimize mommy makeover scarring, while producing highly effective results.
- Superficial scars: Some of your mommy makeover scars may be no more than minor surface irregularities, discoloration, or other subtle aberrations. Your surgeon will recommend topical treatments to improve these scars.
- Hypertropic scars: Mommy makeover scarring that occurs directly at the incision sites will appear like a scar tissue cluster, which may be raised and in a different color from the skin. These are called hypertropic scars.
- Keloidal scars: Keloids are relatively bigger scars after mommy makeover that may typically occur in areas surrounding the wound site where you have some amount of underlying fat deposits. These can be itchy at times.
- Contracture scars: Scarring after mommy makeover can hinder your movement because they will pull at your skin while the healing is taking place. Large fatty tissue removal during surgery may cause these scars.
What is mommy makeover scarring?
Some of the major plastic surgery procedures that may be a part of your mommy makeover include tummy tuck, breast implants with lift, Brazilian butt lift, and liposuction. Each of these plastic surgery procedures may lead to mommy makeover scarring in specific locations. An experienced plastic surgeon will utilize common incisions for multiple procedures to minimize the scarring.
- Tummy tuck scars: Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck surgery is a key procedure in most mommy makeovers. The incision in this surgery may be placed from hip to hip, but in an extended or circumferential tummy tuck, the incision may also go to the sides and back. A skilled surgeon will ensure that your mommy makeover scarring from tummy tuck remain concealed behind your undergarment or bikini.
- Breast surgery scars: You may undergo breast augmentation or breast lift or both as part of your mommy makeover surgery. To place the breast implants, your surgeon may create an incision beneath the breast fold, while a breast lift may involve an incision around the areola and a vertical incision to the breast crease. Mommy makeover scarring from these procedures can be hidden within natural breast contours.
- Body lift and lipo scars: If significant amount of loose skin is removed from your upper arms, thighs and buttocks, some mommy makeover surgery scars may occur at the bottom of the upper arm, groin, and butt crease. These discreetly located scars may not be easily visible to others. Scars from tumescent liposuction in certain fat pockets are usually very tiny, so you won’t be conscious about them.
Related: Mommy makeover recovery
Mommy makeover before and after scars
It’s vital to be aware of the possibility of some mommy makeover scarring before you make a decision. Conscientious plastic surgeons will always try to educate patients about the pros and cons of the surgery and provide transparent information about the potential risk of scars after mommy makeover.
- During your initial consultation, you should review several mommy makeover before and after scars photographs to know final results.
- Mommy makeover before and after scars pictures will help you understand what to expect and what not to expect from the surgery.
- You may request your surgeon to also share images of patients who have received mommy makeover scarring treatment after the surgery.
- Focus on mommy makeover before and after scars photos of patients that have had similar procedures to what you are planning to have.
- Remember that these photographs are only indicative and for education purposes, but actual mommy makeover results will vary.
Tips to prevent mommy makeover scarring
With a customized surgical plan, your plastic surgeon will try to minimize your mommy makeover scarring while meeting your aesthetic goals. But how well you follow your surgeon’s recovery guidelines will also make a vital difference to the final appearance of your scars from mommy makeover.
Here are some key tips that will help you prevent or minimize these scars.
- Set aside adequate time for recovery so that your incisions can heal well before you are ready to resume your routine or return to work.
- Perform short walks from the second or third day of surgery to promote blood flow and reduce mommy makeover scarring formation.
- Report to your surgeon promptly if you notice any signs of infection, excessive bleeding, or persistent pain in the incision areas.
- Eat nutritious food that is rich in lean proteins to support better tissue healing, and stay hydrated throughout the recovery phase.
- Do not bend too much, avoid lifting heavy objects, and do not perform vigorous exercises in the first two months after surgery.
- Smoking during the recovery period can interfere with the healing process and aggravate your mommy makeover surgery scars.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for several months and wear a sunscreen when you go out so that mommy makeover scarring remains low.
- Use the topical creams, silicone sheets or ointments that your surgeon may prescribe as part of your mommy makeover scar treatment.
Related: Mommy makeover results
Mommy makeover scar treatment
Topical treatments, including creams, gels, ointments, or compression bandages can help improve incision closure and healing. This will help reduce your mommy makeover scarring. Once the recovery is complete, you may consider a non-surgical treatment of mommy makeover scarring, such as dermal filler injections, laser skin resurfacing, dermabrasion, micro-needling, or chemical peels.
In rare cases, if your mommy makeover surgery scars are too deep and conspicuous, you may require a scar revision surgery. Flap closure skin grafting techniques can help in eliminating prominent scars. In any case, your goal should be to work with a seasoned plastic surgeon who will ensure that your mommy makeover scars remain inconspicuous and you can enjoy the results of your surgery without inhibition.
Contact Jet Medical Tourism® for Mommy makeover
If you have been considering a Mommy Makeover in Mexico or another plastic surgery option, Jet Medical Tourism® and their board-certified plastic surgeons in Mexico can help you achieve the look you desire.
We have helped patients from the United States achieve their cosmetic and plastic surgery goals successfully. Apply Now or get in touch with us today by calling (855) 506-6188 or the contact form.