Gastric Sleeve Regrets
Gastric sleeve regrets will have no place in your life if you make your decision with careful deliberation and stay committed throughout your weight loss journey. The only ‘regret’ you may possibly have is: “Why didn’t I go for it sooner?” Life is precious, and you deserve to live it in a healthy and happy way. Every year, every day, every minute counts. Gastric sleeve surgery is a gift of medical science to anyone who is struggling with obesity.
There can be no room for regrets when you are truly determined to win your weight loss battle. Feel free to ask your bariatric surgeon at the outset: “Does anyone regret gastric sleeve surgery?” Their answer might surprise you. Thousands of women and men are grateful and blissfully happy after this surgery because they have regained control over their life. They are proud to live their life on their own terms. Are you ready to be one of them?
Gastric sleeve surgery for weight loss
Leading medical organizations in almost every country of the world (including the US) recommend gastric sleeve surgery for weight loss. This procedure is relatively less invasive with minimal risk of complications. It is safe, approved, and has an excellent success rate. If gastric sleeve surgery regrets were occurring in any significant numbers, the medical community would have raised concerns.
However, while the safety profile of this surgery is undisputed, it is important to remember that the procedure is complex. Only qualified and experienced bariatric surgeons must perform it, if you really want no regrets after gastric sleeve surgery. Secondly, your determination to follow a healthy lifestyle and stick to the diet program prescribed by your surgeon will go a long way in helping you achieve success with this surgery.
Gastric sleeve regrets
When you are suffering from obesity, it is completely understandable to have worries about your health and well-being. You need a trusted weight loss surgeon to guide you, encourage you, and help you emerge a winner in your fight against obesity. You will not regret having gastric sleeve surgery when you have a caring and compassionate medical team that is invested in your gastric sleeve success.
Don't give regrets a chance
Gastric sleeve regrets are likely to occur only in two circumstances:
- You chose the wrong bariatric surgeon who was unqualified to perform this surgery; or
- Your surgery was completely successful, but you failed to follow your surgeon’s post-operative care instructions.
As long as you are responsible as a patient and you have chosen a responsible surgeon, you are not going to regret gastric sleeve surgery.
Believe in yourself and be positive
A positive mindset is one of the pre-requisites to the success of any major surgical procedure. Your surgeon will, in fact, evaluate your mental and emotional health while assessing your candidacy. Positivity will give you the confidence to go through this procedure successfully.
More importantly, you will remain motivated to get rid of obesity, will adopt a healthy post-op lifestyle, and will fall in love with the new ‘you’. The question of gastric sleeve regrets will not arise.
Will I regret after gastric sleeve surgery?
Life is often harsh and it does not give us a second chance. But thanks to the advancements in medical science, nearly every patient of obesity has a second chance.
- That chance is bariatric surgery. High costs of the procedure in your home country should not take away your right to restore your health and life. You should feel fortunate that medical tourism has made gastric sleeve surgery possible for everyone at a very low cost.
- If you are determined to achieve your weight loss goals, the exorbitant costs of surgery in your home country cannot stop you. If you come to think of it, where is the scope for gastric sleeve regrets?
All you need is a dependable medical travel partner like Jet Medical Tourism®, who will make everything work for you. Get ready to ask their dedicated surgeons: “Does anyone regret gastric sleeve surgery?” You will receive honest answers.
Gastric sleeve benefits
The benefits of gastric sleeve surgery far outweigh the potential downsides. You don’t have to put up with a lifetime of obesity as well as illness and loss of confidence that often accompany it. Consider these life-changing gastric sleeve benefits while you are contemplating this surgery.
- Obesity is the worst kind of disease in many ways, and you can gain permanent freedom from it with a gastric sleeve surgery.
- It will reduce or eliminate your symptoms of obesity-related medical conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, and sleep apnea.
- You will have the opportunity to move about freely, hit the dance floor, play outdoor sports, and compete with your peers in everything.
- You can wear the clothes of your choice, flaunt your new body, get proactive in social engagements, and live your life to the fullest.
- Your newfound self-confidence will help you win on the professional front, and add more zest and energy to your personal relationships.
Related: Benefits of gastric sleeve surgery
Does anyone regret gastric sleeve surgery?
Nobody who is diligent enough to select a skilled surgeon and follow their medical advice is likely to regret gastric sleeve surgery. While every surgical procedure has some inherent risks (that’s why you fill the consent forms), those risks are common to all patients. Regret happens when you are yourself responsible for doing something that puts you in trouble.
This simple rule applies to everything we do in life, and not just to surgery. When you partner with affirmative people, you are going to get affirmative results. They will help you stay away from gastric sleeve regrets at every step.
Jet Medical Tourism® is one such medical tourism company that has been helping women and men win their battle against obesity through gastric sleeve surgery. Talk to them today to start the happiest chapter of your life.
Gastric sleeve success stories
Here are two gastric sleeve success stories of Jet Medical Tourism® patients who are thankful that they got the chance to have this life-altering surgery.
“I have become more beautiful, more confident, more sociable…” – Nada
Twenty-year old Nada weighed 257 pounds on December 7th, 2019, the landmark day when she underwent a gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico with Jet Medical Tourism®. Within just three months after her surgery, she had lost a whopping 85 pounds. Now Nada says that she feels lighter, more energetic, and leads an active lifestyle.
“I feel like I have become more beautiful after the surgery. I am more confident, more sociable, and more personable than I ever was before,” says a happy Nada.
“I’m not embarrassed to go out in public anymore…” – Meagan
In 2018, Meagan was a worried woman who weighed over 250 pounds, was suffering from thyroid disease, and felt like she was fighting a losing battle against her health. On August 23rd, 2019, her life turned a new leaf when she had her gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico with Jet Medical Tourism®.
Over the next six months, she had shed off 80 pounds of excess weight. “I’m not embarrassed to go out in public anymore! In fact, I’m looking forward to wearing a bathing suit this summer,” says an excited Meagan.
We did a quick survey on various gastric sleeve support groups on Facebook and asked group members if they have any regrets after gastric sleeve surgery. Below are the responses that we received them:
Tips to avoid gastric sleeve regrets
Gastric sleeve regrets are as avoidable as any other regrets in life. All you need is some courage, determination and discipline. Most importantly, you need a helping hand from a professional partner like Jet Medical Tourism®.
Here are a few tips that will help you avoid gastric sleeve surgery regrets.
- Say “yes” to gastric sleeve surgery, and get focused on your weight loss journey.
- Consult with a top bariatric surgeon on-board with Jet Medical Tourism® to determine your candidacy.
- Start working on a healthy pre-op gastric sleeve diet and mild physical exercises as directed by your surgeon.
- Go through your surgical procedure with confidence and a positive mindset.
- Adhere to your post-op gastric sleeve diet plan and fitness exercises with full commitment.
- Maintain your follow-up medical appointments as scheduled.
- Take your medications and nutrition supplements as directed.
- Do not delay in contacting your surgeon if you develop any adverse symptoms at any stage after your gastric sleeve surgery.
Keep gastric sleeve regrets at bay!
At Jet Medical Tourism®, we know what it takes to achieve your weight loss goals and be in-charge of your own life once again. We have been helping a large number of women and men do just that year after year. We work with top-rated bariatric surgeons and highly reputable hospitals to ensure there is no room for error.
You do not have to go through gastric sleeve regrets. You deserve to live a happy, healthy, and regret-free life. That is what we aim for at Jet Medical Tourism® for all our patients.
Are you ready to start your weight loss journey?
Jet Medical Tourism® is here to help you. Since 2017, we have helped patients from all around the world achieve their weight loss goals successfully. Apply Now or get in touch with us today by calling (855) 506-6188 or the contact form.